Tom Ford Milestones, Facts and Accomplishments
Tom Ford one of the world's most recognized fashion designers, began his career as a public relations assistant at Chloe.
Ford revived Gucci's falling empire, became creative director at Gucci and YSL and was nominated for an Oscar for his first feature film, A Single Man. Here are 10 facts that make Tom Ford a creative genius.
1. Tom Ford was born in Austin TX
2. In 1979 Tom Ford enrolled himself at NYU to study art history, but only stayed for a year dropped out to concentrate on TV commercials3. Ford then began studying interior architecture at The New School's famous art and design college, Parsons The New School for Design
4. Before his last year at New School, Ford spent a year and a half in Paris, where he worked as an intern in Chloé's press office. Though his work primarily involved sending clothes out on photo shoots, it triggered his love of fashion. He spent his final year at The New School studying fashion, but nonetheless graduated with a degree in architecture.
5. Chloe held a low public relations position despite his architecture degree from the New School in New York City
6. 1988 Ford became a design assistant at Perry Ellis under Marc Jacobs direction
7. Tom Ford once said, “American fashion is tacky”
8. In 1990 Ford became women’s designer for Gucci and 1994 promoted to creative director
9. In 2004, Ford left Gucci the company valued at 4billion when Ford began was not valued at 10.4 billion
10. Tom Ford lives with his partner journalist Richard Buckley