Estaban Cortazar History, Facts and Milestones
At the young age of 18 Cortazar took the fashion industry by storm. Before the legal drinking age of 21 Cortazar had already taken over the runways and working with some of the world's top models at New York Fashion Week and dressing some of Hollywood's most renowed stars. Cortazar recently re-launched his brand with the help of Net-A-Porter and has the fashion industry buzzing. Here are facts and milestones you didn't know about Esteban Cortazar.
1. Esteban Cortazar born 1984 in Bogota, Colombia and grew in Miami Fl
2. Esteban got his start in the fashion industry at 13 years of age when he showed sketches to Todd Oldham, a mentor he found under his apartment at Miami's News Café.
3. Cortázar studied fashion design at Design & Architecture Senior High in Miami's Design District, graduating in 2004.
4. The Bogotá-born designer hit headlines in 2007 when he was made creative director at Emanuel Ungaro, at the age of just 23—and again in 2009 for walking out, after being asked to collaborate with the house's new creative consultant, Lindsay Lohan.
5. his brand new collaboration with retailer Exito hit stores all over the country—like Zac Posen for Target or Karl Lagerfeld for H&M, the collection offers sophisticated, designed apparel, mass produced and relatively cheap
6. Esteban recently re-launched his brand “Esteban Cortazar” with the help of Net-A-Porter and his collection is almost sold out
7. Cortazar resides in Botoga Colombia and Miami, FL