10 Things You Didn’t Know About Christian Siriano
An American designer, Christian Siriano first gained the attention after winning the fourth season of Project Runway and being praised by style icon Victoria Beckham. Siriano became the youngest winner in the series and shortly after launching his own fashion line which has expanded to a multi-million dollar business. In honor of New York Fashion Week here are 10 things you didn't know about Christian Siriano.
1. After being rejected by the Fashion Institute of Technology, Siriano chose to study abroad at American InterContinental University in London, England.
2. Christian has become Project Runway’s youngest winner
3. Before auditioning for the fourth season of Project Runway, Siriano worked as a freelance make-up artist for Stila cosmetics and made wedding gowns for private clients
4. His style crus is Dita Von Teese because she’s always looking fabulous and sexy.
5. Favorite drink is coke with ice or hot peach tea
6. During his time on Runway, Siriano won four challenges, the most of any contestant that season (followed by Rami and Victorya, who each won two).
7. Siriano's eponymous fashion line, Christian Siriano, debuted at New York Fashion Week on September 13, 2008. His collection is retailed at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
8. Siriano has tattoos of a squid and an octopus on his right arm that he has said are "a tribute to Maryland and the sea life"
9. His typical bedtime is 1:00am
10. His go to karaoke song is anything Whitney Houston