10 Facts You Need To Know About British Designer Stella McCartney
The British fashion designer Stella McCartney best known for her red carpet label. Stella McCartney, the former designer of Chloe and daughter to musician of Paul McCartney has taken the fashion industry by storm in a matter of years. Recently McCartney partnered with Adidas to collaborate on designing GB's 2012 Olympic uniforms. Here are 10 facts you need to know about Stella McCartney.
1. At an early age Stella had a passion for design and around age 13 she undertook an internship with Christian Lacroix
2. McCartney graduated from Central Saint Martins in 1995, with her friends Kate Moss, Yasmin Le Bon and Naomi Campbell modelling for her final year show. The entire collection was purchased by London boutique Tokio and also stocked in Browns, Joseph, Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.
3. In 1997 she was appointed creative director of Parisian fashion house Chloe, succeeding Karl Lagerfeld in the role. She was assisted by Phoebe Philo, who later replaced her when she left the house.
4. In 2001, Stella McCartney launched her own fashion house under her name in a joint venture with Gucci Group (now the PPR Luxury Group) and showed her first collection in Paris
5. In 2003, Stella McCartney launched her first perfume, Stella.
6. McCartney was presented with an honorary degree by the University of Dundee in March 2003
7. In 2004, she designed clothes for Madonna's Re-Invention tour, Annie Lennox's summer tour, and Gwyneth Paltrow and Jude Law's costumes for the film Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
8.She launched a joint-venture line with Adidas, establishing a long-term partnership with the corporation, in September 2004. The collection, called simply Adidas by Stella McCartney, has since grown to include a wide range of different sportswear including yoga, tennis, winter sports and golf.
9. In January 2007, McCartney launched a skincare line, CARE. The 100% organic line includes seven products, from a cleansing milk made with lemon balm and apricot to green tea and linden blossom floral wate
10. As a result of her long-running relationship with Adidas, McCartney was appointed creative director of the sportswear brand's 2012 Olympic Team GB ranges in July 2010